Watch this video to learn how to properly apply and use Loctite Threadlocker and read on to learn which threadlocker is best suited for your application. To view more application and product videos, including hundreds of exclusive videos and demonstrations, subscribe to our channel!
What is threadlocker & why use it?
Threadlocker is a chemical solution that seals fastener assemblies together, preventing the accidental loosening of fasteners over time. When applied correctly, the threadlocker solution dries between the threads of a screw, bolt, nut or fastener and bonds or 'locks' it securely within a hole or casing. This bond keeps the fastener securely in place and keeps it securely locked over time, preventing loosening from shock or vibration. Threadlocker solution can also protect the fastener and threads from rust and corrosion, extending its life where covering the metal.
Which threadlocker & when?
- 222MS Low Strength Threadlocker: Locks and seals screws, can be removed with hand tools, designed for metal fasteners under 1/4" (6mm)
- 242 Medium Strength Threadlocker: Locks and seals nuts, bolts, screws and fittings, can be removed with hand tools, designed for securing metal nuts and bolts over 1/4" (6mm)
- 262 Permanent Strength Threadlocker: Locks and permanently seals heavy-duty Grade 5 and 8 fasteners, bolts and studs. Use in harsh environments or where exposure to chemicals, vibration or shock is the norm.
- 545 Thread Sealant: Seals and secures high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power systems. Excellent chemical and solvent resistance. Use to prevent leakage in metal fittings caused by vibration and solvent evaporation.
- 567 Thread Sealant: This high temp sealant secures most threaded metal fittings including stainless steel, galvanized steel, and inert metals. Seals against pressures up to 10,000 PSI. Use to prevent leakage in metal fittings caused by vibration and solvent evaporation.
Want to see more Loctite Solutions? Click here!