Watch this video to learn how to safely remove disposable gloves and avoid contact with the glove's surface (and any dangerous contaminants on the glove's surface) as you are taking them off. Below, find a listing of the five steps to safely removing your gloves that are demonstrated in this video. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel by clicking the button below to find more exclusive safety, metalworking, and machining videos!
5 Steps To Safely RemOving Disposable Gloves
- Careful not to touch your bare skin, grab the outside of one glove at the wrist cuff (the glove's opening).
- Peel the glove away from the direction of your body, slowly turning it inside out.
- 'Ball up' and hold the glove that you've removed in your currently gloved hand.
- Carefully slide your ungloved fingers into the wrist cuff of the remaining glove.
- Turn the remaining glove inside out while slowly peeling the glove away from your body and immediately dispose of the gloves. DO NOT REUSE DISPOSABLE GLOVES
PRO TIP: YOU Can't Rush Safety
When removing disposable gloves, it is important to do so slowly and mindfully. Removing gloves quickly and creating the sound of a 'snap' is dangerous, as doing so can cause spray. This can cause dangerous contaminants on the glove's surface to be projected and released into the air.
Secure the ppe that allows you to move forward, safely
We carry a wide variety of safety products, personal protection equipment and COVID response items that help ensure the safety and health of your team:
- Disposable Gloves
- Face Masks
- Face Shields
- Disinfecting Cleansers & Wipes
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- High Visibility & Protective Clothing
- Hand Sanitizer