Keeping your shop clean and organized increases your efficiency and productivity, plus can extend the life of your tools. Put the 'routine' in routine maintenance and set a calendar reminder to schedule time to make organizing your shop and maintaining your tools, coolant, and equipment a priority. Watch this video as Kurt Repsher walks you through routine maintenance tasks you should add to your 'to-do' list and calendar reminder.
Keep your shop organized using your calendar
Every two months, set a calendar reminder to clean your shop and complete routine maintenance tasks. Routine maintenance tasks can include:
- Lubricating and greasing moving parts on your machines
- Checking concentration levels of coolant
- Checking spindle belts for wear and replace or repair as needed
- Cleaning tools and machinery, including a thorough 'wipe down' and chip removal from work areas and the actuator
- Inspecting equipment to ensure proper operation and safety
- Tightening screws and fasteners that may have loosened over time or due to exposure to vibrations
- Returning tools to proper cases and storage spaces
- Organizing tool carts and surface areas
- Cleaning floors and work areas
- Replacing HVAC filters
- Washing windows
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Coolant and sump maintenance is critical to extending the life and performance of your metalworking fluids. Our Metalworking Fluids Guide includes critical information that helps to you select the right fluid for your application and much more.
Download the Metalworking Fluids Guide by clicking below. By downloading, you'll learn more about:
- The functions of varying metalworking fluids
- Troubleshooting your metalworking fluids
- Optimal use of metalworking fluids in tapping applications
- Rustlick brand products selection guide
- ValCool brand products selection guide